The new old uniforms look sooooo much better...

The new old uniforms look sooooo much better...

Arrow6
  • brownsforlife57 said... (original post)They are still UGLY **** Brown and Orange lol...with no logo...they are like a Clint Eastwood movie "The man with no Name "..they ...

You know, I actually like it when people have a hugely dissenting opinion on the forum, keeps us from becoming a hive mind.

I just don't give a damn about a logo. I'm sure the marketing people hate the fact we don't have one, but I love that it's just stripes and a color - feels timeless. Football fans can tell a Buckeye helmet, Wolverine helmet, and even a Browns helmet just by looking at it - we don't need a bulldog or a brownie on the side of the helmet to give us an identity, imo of course.

Success is sexy - look at the Saints. People used to make fun of their uniforms and called them gaudy, made fun of their run-down stadium, the crappy cameras they rolled out to broadcast their games and the fans sitting in the half-empty seats with bags on their heads. Enter Brees and Payton, winning seasons become the norm, and suddenly everyone loves all that stuff they used to make fun of. Losing puts a stink on you and Lerner and Jimmy both learned that no amount of uniform swaps can change that.

• And of course The Silver &Black Raiders are no1

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)AwwwwwwYou almost got it. They are like a Clint Eastwood movie. Iconic and menacing.Also, you could have made a Good, Bad and The Ugly reference bu...

Exactly, the irony is when someone mentions “The Man With No Man” everyone knows what/who they’re talking about.

The Browns colors & helmets are likewise iconic.

• I won’t be happy until we have a brown helmet with an orange and white elf.

• mistero said... (original post)I won’t be happy until we have a brown helmet with an orange and white elf.

That is a cool suggestion if we ever do alternates.

• I was never a fan of a white jersey or pant against brown. Given the orange helmets, I feel orange needs to be primary in either the jersey or pant as well or else it just looks mismatched. Just one man’s opinion.

• The brown jersey and orange pants is a top three Browns look IMO.

• SimpleMan3 said... (original post)I was never a fan of a white jersey or pant against brown. Given the orange helmets, I feel orange needs to be primary in either the jersey or pa...

I think brown and white is fine. The weakest combination is always going to be orange and white. Nowadays home teams alway wear dark so you have to wear whites on the road. IMO the plain brown numbers, shoulder stripes and socks make all the all whites the best all whites ever, tho I still prefer brown pants with the white jersey.

user generated

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)The brown jersey and orange pants is a top three Browns look IMO.

I agree. LOVE that look!

I might be in the minority, but I am excited to see the all-brown alternates as well. I think they’re gonna look fast & tough in those.

• Color rushes were quality. Interested to see what the new version would look like.

• BabetteBaboon said... (original post)I think brown and white is fine. The weakest combination is always going to be orange and white. Nowadays home teams alway wear dark so you ha...

See, I prefer orange & white to brown & white. At least the orange matches the helmet. I also don’t care for the white on white look. Guess you could say I’m more of a color guy.

• SimpleMan3 said... (original post)See, I prefer orange & white to brown & white. At least the orange matches the helmet. I also don’t care for the white on white look. Gue...

I agree on the all whites. Their only saving grace is there were a lot of great teams back in the olden days that wore all whites. Tradition. Back then caring about how you looked was a sissy thing. Real men didn't give a crap how they looked. They just kicked your arse.

• I think the all whites are a good look. Strictly a matter of opinion.

• BabetteBaboon said... (original post)I think brown and white is fine. The weakest combination is always going to be orange and white. Nowadays home teams alway wear dark so you ha...

I have always preferred the all white.

• My opinion:

Their best jersey/pants combos for home games:

White/white- all their great history (8 championships) and my best memories ('85-'88).

Brown/orange- the uniform of my childhood.

White/orange- Coach Sam's teams wore these during the first half of their home schedules between 1978-1983.

Brown/white- Never been a big fan because the teams that wore them were often mediocrities or outright sucked: 1990 Season From Hell, the unhappy Evil Bill years, and the Pet Cemetery Browns 1999-2014 with the exceptions of 2001 and 2011. (Even during the 1946-1974 glory years- the one period, late 50's/early 60's, during that era in which they regularly wore this combo was their least successful.) The Browns' seal brown jerseys used to be viewed like Dallas' blue: bad luck. (And considering their record in them- they have been.)

Color rush- 2019 took the shine off of them, but Baker's debut and their other victories in 2018 were nice memories.

White/brown- Yuck! They look like their wearing tights.

And the very bottom:

The 2015-2019 clown costumes in any combination- will always be discussion as among the worst uniforms in pro sports history both aesthetically and because of their woeful record wearing them.

This post was edited by mkeogh 5 months ago

• BabetteBaboon said... (original post)I agree on the all whites. Their only saving grace is there were a lot of great teams back in the olden days that wore all whites. Tradition. ...

I apologize for quoting myself, but I stand behind this post and think it may be the best post I ever posted in the OBR.

I salute all you who love the white on whites. You are Real Men. Go Browns!

• BabetteBaboon said... (original post)I apologize for quoting myself, but I stand behind this post and think it may be the best post I ever posted in the OBR. I salute all you who ...

I mean, so much of this is just subjective. What can we say? Only thing almost all of us would probably agree on is that this uniform update is better than the last one.

• You guys are funny ..only a true fan of the browns could like that GOD AWFUL ORANGE AND ******* BROWN

• BabetteBaboon said... (original post)I apologize for quoting myself, but I stand behind this post and think it may be the best post I ever posted in the OBR. I salute all you who ...

No offense, but to me the all whites look like practice unis.

• brbbva said... (original post)I have always preferred the all white.

We old guys think alike!

• Chemdog64 said... (original post)We old guys think alike!

That's because we have class.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)AwwwwwwYou almost got it. They are like a Clint Eastwood movie. Iconic and menacing.Also, you could have made a Good, Bad and The Ugly reference bu...

I like it. But, you forgot one thing. Clint can say a lot without actually saying anything. That's how these uni's compare to the prior.

• CTBrownsfan said... (original post)No offense, but to me the all whites look like practice unis.

I don’t know what this means.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post)I don’t know what this means.

It means they are bland...tired...boring

• Speaking of uniforms, the pics coming out of this year's training camp show that the Browns have decided not to continue with the Hue Jackson/Freddie Kitchens era (shudder) "earn your stripes'" nonsense. They're wearing their gameday helmets complete with all three center stripes. Good! It was a college gimmick that had no place in the pro game and especially for the Cleveland Browns. Paul Brown, Blanton Collier, Sam Rutigliano, Marty Schottenheimer, and Evil Bill would have all rolled their eyes at such an idea.

I was disappointed that Freddie used it last year. Anything that smacked of Hue's tenure should have been shunned like the plague, but for some reason Freddie kept it. Hue and Freddie? Back-to-back. Good grief. It can't possibly get any worse, right? Can it?

Also, another good sign: they got rid of that "Hardland" slogan on the field house. It's been replaced with "TEAM."