Twitter Eats Another - ESPN Giants Waiving Jenkins for Tweet!

Twitter Eats Another - ESPN Giants Waiving Jenkins for Tweet!

• Discussion
  • That’s pretty PC. Don’t get me wrong, Jenkins should’ve apologized, but waiving him is pretty extreme.

When are defensive backs going to learn not to get on social media after a loss?

• An older guy with some injury history - kind of a retread.

• Ole1Sock said... (original post) That’s pretty PC. Don’t get me wrong, Jenkins should’ve apologized, but waiving him is pretty extreme.When are defensive backs going to learn not ...

It’s part of my culture as an excuse to use that word is beyond ignorant ....

Refusing to admit your wrong is just stupid

I look forward to see how this fella is doing 10 years after football

• What he said was pretty ret......nevermind.

• That is mild.. I thought it was something bigger...

• Is he better than what we've got?

• I’m guessing the Giants might be able to save money and or recoup some salary or signing bonus here, due to jenkins violating a morality / personal conduct clause in his contract. The probably received some indication from the commissioners office or other team owners that they will be backed up by NFL lawyers should Jenkins not return any bonus money to the Giants.

Jenkins has a bad reputation as far as criminal behavior. He was a person of interest in a murder a couple years ago and generally is the opposite of the type of dude you’d want your daughter dating.

This post was edited by verba 1 month ago

• Can almost be used as a tool to get off bad teams or change scenery if you are unhappy ...

I can see the league formulating a “hold” on players being picked up by other teams to protect the integrity of the first teams initial call .... perhaps something currently exists ...

check out AB’s tweet today ...

9 out of 10 doctors recommend that I don’t use Twitter ...

• mikenn5 said... (original post) Is he better than what we've got?

Maybe at the 4-6 slots.

• Sure sirdiggs but a major drawback is that the NFL owners and their legal team can ensure that players have to forfeit future earnings and return previously paid salary and signing bonus money when they pull these types of Twitter shenanigans.

This would probably be supported by the fans as well. Imagine a scenario where Odell Beckham tweets something negative about Cleveland or that he wants to play for another team. Fine but I’d definitely want the NFL to allow the Browns to have zero financial repercussions and to have the salary space restored on their cap sheet after termination of Beckham’s contract for conduct detrimental to the team.

• Twitter is such a sewer, yet so many people still enjoy diving into that filth.

• I wouldn’t even be that mad at Odell Beckham as it is his own life and career, but I do think it’s fair the Browns and any other teams to be free and clear of any financial responsibilities.

No play, no pay.

• Sounds like he is ready to play here

• SOCK:

That’s pretty PC. Don’t get me wrong, Jenkins should’ve apologized, but waiving him is pretty extreme.

AA:

And had he apologized.... you know, a REAL apology... that could have been the end of it.

But his attempt at saving face (it's slang, and if you don't get it, that's on you) is beyond insulting. He made himself into an instant liability for any organization.

• I interviewed a chick for an account manager position a few months ago - she said retarded in the interview about 7 times. She was hot, and while it probably would have been funny to hire her - still went with a hard no.

• forty4five5 said... (original post) I interviewed a chick for an account manager position a few months ago - she said retarded in the interview about 7 times. She was hot, and whi...

So you'd be ok with sexually harassing her
  • forty4five5 said... (original post) I interviewed a chick for an account manager position a few months ago - she said retarded in the interview about 7 times. She was hot, and whi...

If people don't realize how awful this word is to use, politely tell them so.

I always do. They usually say they don't even realize they're using it. Which is worse, I think.

• Animaleyz said... (original post) So you'd be ok with sexually harassing her

She said he boyfriend used to play QB at Auburn (backup) - even though she was dumb and not pc - it was still difficult to say no.
  • This is stupid. We are getting to the point where if you say anything a few people, or even man people, don't like, you can lose your livelihood over it? I don't care if people are insulted by it. This is a slippery slope and soon we will all have social rating for how conformist we are like China.

At some point, we all have to stand against this insanity. So he said a word. Its a word. It doesn't justify actions against him any more than if Randolph said a "word" to Garrett, that it justifies bashing him over the skull.

I wouldn't apologize either. Its a word that only carries a negative connotation because it accurate reflected how something was once described. If he had called the guy "learning disabled" is that really any better? So over this stuff.

• Writerdawg said... (original post) Twitter is such a sewer, yet so many people still enjoy diving into that filth.

It’s like cleveland live forums when they came out in the late 90’s

• NTRPRZ said... (original post) This is stupid. We are getting to the point where if you say anything a few people, or even man people, don't like, you can lose your livelihoo...

You either want to live in a free society or you don't.

His employer has the same rights of speech and free association that he does.

The word is disgusting, ableist, and its proliferation should end.

• NTRPRZ said... (original post) This is stupid. We are getting to the point where if you say anything a few people, or even man people, don't like, you can lose your livelihoo...

What he should have said was "what are you, down or something." Now that is PC.

This post was edited by craigzg4 1 month ago

• Great Ed Begley Sr. tribute from 12 ANGRY MEN. Wait, where's everybody going?

• T-Dog said... (original post) An older guy with some injury history - kind of a retread.

And now he's retired
  • Ole1Sock said... (original post) That’s pretty PC. Don’t get me wrong, Jenkins should’ve apologized, but waiving him is pretty extreme.

One might call it retarded.

(Hey, I said “With all due respect”!)