Twitter Eats Another - ESPN Giants Waiving Jenkins for Tweet!

Twitter Eats Another - ESPN Giants Waiving Jenkins for Tweet!

• BrownsTown said... (original post) Not trying to be funny. From what I understand, the word "retard or retarded" is "inappropriate" period. Whether using it in ...

No, it’s not inappropriate always; they have seminars, workshops and the like for working with persons with Mental Retardation, and that’s what they call them.

Please save the lecture for someone who doesn’t know better. Been around family members with this condition my whole life; pretty sure I got a handle on what’s appropriate and what is not.

• forty4five5 said... (original post) I interviewed a chick for an account manager position a few months ago - she said retarded in the interview about 7 times. She was hot, and whi...

can you fwd her resume?

• NTRPRZ said... (original post) This is stupid. We are getting to the point where if you say anything a few people, or even man people, don't like, you can lose your livelihoo...

"Slippery Slope"! Drink!

• Rookie said... (original post) It’s like cleveland live forums when they came out in the late 90’s

I loved those. Not the same now.

• BrownsTown said... (original post) Wait, what did you just call them?

And you might check out the MRDD in your local area to see what those letters mean!

• September241979 said... (original post) I'm sure the smarter of you understand this is merely cover excuse for the Giants doing what they wanted: ditch a high paid, high stru...

I didn't understand that.

• RavenNod said... (original post) No, it’s not inappropriate always; they have seminars, workshops and the like for working with persons with Mental Retardation, and that’s what th...

I'm glad that you do but what I'm trying to tell you is not everyone is on the same page. Like I said, I'm led to believe what I just said, that it's not appropriate period and guarantee you I can find opinions that agree with that and probably yours as well as I'll take your word for it. Frankly I'm shocked that anyone still calls them "retarded". Like someone could say, "Hey that classroom over there is where the retarded kids learn"? And that's considered appropriate?

And it's not a lecture or a comedy bit, calm down dude, I'm asking simple questions here, Jesus Murphy.

• BrownsTown said... (original post) I'm glad that you do but what I'm trying to tell you is not everyone is on the same page. Like I said, I'm led to believe what I ...

I’ll calm down when people like you quit assuming it’s not a big deal. And retardation is a real condition and heartbreaking for those who have to deal with it!

It’s appropriate to use the term retarded when you are actually referring to the condition, but not when you’re making fun of someone.

And as far as finding people who agree with you? I guess that makes it quite all right then!

• Ament said... (original post) How do we “take a stand”?

This seems worth exploring further.

• RavenNod said... (original post) I’ll calm down when people like you quit assuming it’s not a big deal. And retardation is a real condition and heartbreaking for those who have to ...

Well here you go then. Like I said, I was shocked to see you write that they have workshops and whatnot that still use the word. I thought it was a no-no period. So does this guy. Argue with them, not me.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/opinion/sunday/a-word-gone-wrong.html