Why is Higgins not playing?

Why is Higgins not playing?

• Charlie Malarkey said... (original post) Agreed. This is all about Higgins being in a contract year. Has nothing to do with performance or ability to help the team win now.

Malarkey.
  • Sschaffer said... (original post) What is Freddie thinking in not playing Rashard Higgins?! I honestly think, at this point he has to be doing it out of spite, or just to prove a ...

You honestly believe that Freddie is just not playing him because?

Theres a much better chance that not playing is squarely on Higgins.

He is loafing in practive, not running the correct routes, etc in practice and is not earning playing time.

That is much more likely.
  • JackTBurton said... (original post) This whole "Dorseys guys" is a bunch of BS guysSorry it is.He has cut and traded his guysHe isn't the guy calling the plays or d...

"Higgins not playing isn't because he isn't a Dorsey guy, it's kitchens all the way"

-- Dorsey/Freddie or whatever. I'm starting to have more respect for Duke's pov back in the day. A different situation than Higgins' to an extent, but not only rats want to leave a sinking ship if they see it's being led by an incompetent captain.

Just another twist to the speculation as this season "progresses". What should be an off-season where a good team gets better, now we're down to trying to keep our heads above water.

Edit: You've probably read this already, but it's just another indication that not is all fine at the top. (As if we needed it...)

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/cleveland-browns-freddie-kitchens-dorsey-haslam-differ-opinion/

This post was edited by ergoipso 1 month ago

• ergoipso said... (original post) "Higgins not playing isn't because he isn't a Dorsey guy, it's kitchens all the way"-- Dorsey/Freddie or whatever. I'...

Pretty simple to me. This team has had a discipline problem from day one. Teams don't randomly wind up with a core of undisciplined players. It's a culture issue created starting with what a coach does or doesn't do. I really have to believe this is on Freddie.

And the biggest issue going forward is that it appears that Dorsey doesn't want his first time ever pick of a head coach to go down as a one year nightmare and fired. He probably understands that this lack of discipline is due to the head coach and probably believes that this is a learning experience for Kitchens.

If Dorsey wants Kitchens to stay, Jimmy has two choices most likely, bow to Dorsey's wishes, or blow it all up again. Stay tuned. I don't think Freddie Kitchens is cut out to be a head coach, but I also don't want to lose Dorsey, because another GM means that we're still where we've been for the past 20 years. And I can't take it anymore. I want to follow the Browns with the hope of winning the championship, if we lose Dorsey, I believe that will be the straw that broke this camel's back.

Freddie Kitchens was an experiment that went horribly wrong IMO. I have a terrible feeling that we're going to be paying for it for a long time.

• sherkdawg said... (original post) Pretty simple to me. This team has had a discipline problem from day one. Teams don't randomly wind up with a core of undisciplined players. ...

"I don't think Freddie Kitchens is cut out to be a head coach, but I also don't want to lose Dorsey, because another GM means that we're still where we've been for the past 20 years."

-- I think that more or less sums up the mess that Lord Dorsey has put us into.

There are some rookie HCs who struggle, but seem to see their issues, look like they're almost there and are on the way to turning into solid HCs very soon. And then there are the other ones. Guys who just look like they are way over their heads and don't seem to be capable of figuring out how to get out of the jungle of their incompetence. Right now Freddie looks to me like being the latter instead of the former if I had to bet.

And I agree that right now we don't want to lose Dorsey. But he's gone from the infallible God of Football last year to the GM you decide to hang onto for now while you consider things. He's fallen off the pedestal. A shame given all the expectation we had after going 7-8-1. The slap of reality is necessary, but it sure does hurt...