How about Watt and Tuitt
Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh Steelers

How about Watt and Tuitt

• A lot of the talk lately regarding the improved defense has been focused on Minkah, and understandably so, but I thought it was worth throwing out there that Watt and Tuitt have both been jumping off of the screen this year, complete beasts.

Watt is flying around like a man possessed, and is showing the strength he's added through his just as maniacal offseason work, he's an absolute blast to watch play.

Tuitt is finally showing that dominant guy he looked well on the way to becoming before the injury, which makes me feel better about the salary he'll be commanding the next couple of years. If he continues to bring the kind of interior havoc that he has been, he'll be worth it. Dude has been manhandling 300 pound guards on a regular basis.

This post was edited by steeltherapy 1 month ago

• Discussion
  • To read this post and more, subscribe now - One Month for Only $1

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Become an Annual VIP member today and get access to VIP content, ad-free forums & more.

Join

Join

Join
  • I thought TS were stupid for paying Tuitt? Some halfwits never learn.

• Last couple of games Heyward has been exceptional as well.

Join
  • shotime said... (original post) I'll even throw in that Bud Dupree has been playing much better. Front-7 right now is starting to hum.

Shame that front 7 could very well lose 2 players next season in Hargrave and Dupree.

Join
  • Watt is an outright stud and I remember when we drafted him, a TON of people here were all pissed off that he was a major reach in the back half of the first. Personally, I thought he might be better than advertised because of the family connection and his ability to leverage the knowledge of his brother JJ. He has a non stop motor like Nick Bosa whose was scary dominant last night against the Stains.

• Stains LT is well below the line but yeah, Bosa was AWESOME

• Timmons94 said... (original post) Shame that front 7 could very well lose 2 players next season in Hargrave and Dupree.

It's funny to see things come full circle in the sense that there is actually some sentiment for bemoaning the loss of Bud next year, when most of the board wanted them to cut him before this season. Watt is obviously going to be the superstar pass rusher for many years to come, but they may indeed have some work to do in filling in the Clark Haggans type to play opposite him next year, as well as filling in the depth, cuz I can guarantee you Chickillo will not be seeing the second year of his deal.

Losing Hargrave bugs me, but TBH, they STILL are only playing him under half of the snaps, which is a role they don't need someone of his caliber to fill for 10 million or more a year. Looking like that may end up being a target in free agency, where I'm going to assume there will be people available who are capable of playing that role, albeit not as good as him.